Subject: Re: /etc/profile ignored; other strangeness
From: [email-masked]

31 Jan 1998 17:25:58 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   [email-masked] wrote:
>> 1) Seems like bash ignores /etc/profile, so I have to explicitly
>source it from
>> the /etc/bashrc file. I don't have to do this in Linux. Is this by
>design, or
>> am I doing something wrong here?
>
>I use the -login option to bash.
>
Actually, you are supposed to put all the /etc/profile stuff into either
your WinDos autoexec.bat file or your /root/.bashrc file.

I've been complaining about copy and paste operations into cygwin text
windows, but now I know the truth:  It's a Microsoft problem, not a
cygnus problem.  If you don't believe me, try to paste something into
the Dos text window of the ftp.exe that comes with Windows 95. It doesn't
work.  (Like, copy a file name and paste the file name into a `get ' 
command.)Œ
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".