Subject: Re: emacs-like editor
From: [email-masked]

31 Jan 1998 17:09:48 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Sergey Okhapkin ([email-masked]) wrote:
>John Kubiatowicz wrote:
>> More importantly, however, is there a GNUWIN version of emacs?  I would
>> really like to be able to use it in TTY mode remotely, and the version
>> of NTEMACS at that sight (which is quite good otherwise), doesn't handle
>> gnuwin's ttys...
>
>The work on porting Xemacs to cygwin32 is in progress. Look into the latest (20
>.5-b22) Xemacs sources.
>
Actually, micro-emacs, available from the Programmer's Workshop in Lafayette,
Indiana, is a freeware port of emacs that comes in a Dos version that runs
in a Dos window and a Windows version that lets you use the emacs keys you
know and love or the Windows toolbar.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".