Subject: Re: Problems with mingw32 GCC 2.8.0 !!!
From: [email-masked] (Tomas Fasth)

31 Jan 1998 05:51:48 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Jan-Jaap van der Heijden <[email-masked]>,
        [email-masked]

Mikey wrote:

> Well let's get cygnus to change to -windows, -dll that way
> you could use

I think in general single dash options are supposed to be followed by a
single character indicating which option and eventually some more
characters being the option's argument, possibly preceded by white
space. In order to be more compliant to the command line option style in
other GNU software, I suggest we change that to --windows, --dll, and
--posix. Or similar.

I would have expected though, the use of a more generic double dash
option scheme already in place for such a widely ported tool as gcc. I
mean, windows (mingw32) and it's dynamic link scheme is not the only one
out there. Shouldn't this kind of stuff rather fall under the cross
platform properties (and the usage of the corresponding set of options)
of gcc?

Tomas
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".