Subject: Re: tar: Could not change access and modification times: Permission denied
From: [email-masked] (Tim Fisher)

30 Jan 1998 19:49:22 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

Thanks, I appreciate the confirmation. I'm using NTFS, so this will be a
welcome improvement for me personally. In the grand scheme of cygwin32 it's
probably not all that important though.

Anybody know how far out the next beta-19 might be? I'm hoping it will come
with some kind of man viewing system. I'm having a hard time getting one to
work right on my system.

Despite the fact that GNU doesn't seem to like man pages too much, I think
it's really important because most packages other than GNU rely heavily on
man documentation and there are those among us who have no way of viewing
the documentation in those packages without man. It would go a long way
toward making the i386-cygwin32 platform even more useful for many people.

--Tim Fisher

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, January 30, 1998 8:22 PM
Subject: Re: tar: Could not change access and modification times: Permission
denied

>cygwin B18 is not able to change the access and modification times of
>a directory.  I've submitted changes to allow this for B19.  If they are
>included they should rectify this error, at least on Windows NT.  It may
>not be possible to change the time/date on a directory in Windows 95.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".