Subject: lpCommandLine in Cygwin WinMain
From: [email-masked]

30 Jan 1998 14:17:47 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

I wonder what prompted the Cygnus people to change the standard WinMain
parameter for `lpCommandLine' so that the first substring is argv[0].

I know it makes sense, but it isn't standard.  Any program written for
Win32/95/NT assumes that the first substring of `lpCommandLine' is
argv[1].

It seems like such an easy fix to change the specs document so that the
windows subsystem option doesn't include libcygwin.a automatically.  If
I want to write a Windows program, I don't assume the presence of Unix
functions.  I assume that, if I include, e. g., stdio.h, the linking
process should crash, not succeed.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".