Subject: Peculiar `mount' behavior
From: [email-masked]

30 Jan 1998 00:08:03 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

If you use the Unix syntax for mount, then adding a drive letter to
the mount table goes like this:

	mount /dev/hda5 d:

which makes the first drive extended partition d: to cygwin.  After
doing this, typing `cd d:' under bash$ does what you think it does.

Only problem is that, even though this is standard usage, `make' doesn't
quite know what to do with the `//d/' things that result.  `make' only
understands `/dev/hda5'.  So, you have to

	umount d:
	mount d: /dev/hda5

which is really absurd from a Unix standpoint, and then `make' works.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".