Subject: Initialising gnuwin DLLs
From: [email-masked] (Matthew Brett)

28 Jan 1998 10:32:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked],
        [email-masked]

Dear All,

>From some recent messages, it looks as though several of us are having 
difficulty using gnuwin DLLs with other software (such as VC++, matlab).
Even something as innocent as a printf() command in the DLL causes 
a memory access crash, with errors like:

The instruction at 0x1000c4ec referenced memory at 0x00000058

It's the same with many other functions: any file access function, malloc,
pid, to name a random selection.  However, although malloc() causes a 
crash, LocalAlloc does not.  I / we were wondering whether this was a DLL
initialisation problem, and whether anyone knows how to initialise a
gnuwin DLL properly for use by non-gnuwin apps.

Thanks for any help to the lost,

Matthew Brett

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".