Subject: Re: standard headers not being found (NBY)
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

28 Jan 1998 06:09:15 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Don't know if this will help; but, try removing the COMPILER_PATH 
variable.  I don't have it set and I am able to compile.  I believe the 
problem with it is that you don't have the correct path designation for 
this variable.  The compiler executables actually reside somewhere below 
lib/gcc-lib/.

Everything else looks nice, you even have binary mounts.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)

>Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 11:47:16 -0800
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Christopher Hahn <[email-masked]>
>Subject: standard headers not being found
>Cc: [email-masked]
>
>
>Hello Again,
>
>I have installed the binary versions of the gnu-win32 sdk and
>am trying to execute a test compile (Hello_World) and I keep
>getting the message that:
>
>	fooby.c:1: stdio: No such file or directory
>	gcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 33
>
>I have tried many different system modifications, including setting
>variables, both with forward and backward slashes, in my autoexec.bat
>and in the NT environment settings dialog.  I have tried using
>the -I option on the gcc command line.  I have tried mounting various
>directories under various names.
>
>My Autoexec.bat sets:
>
>rem - BEGIN CYGWIN32 SETTINGS
>set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=D:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
>set
>PATH=%PATH%;.;D:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;D:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin;
>set    TCL_LIBRARY=D:/gnuwin32/b18/tcl/lib/tcl7.6
>set  GDBTK_LIBRARY=D:/gnuwin32/b18/share/gdbtcl
>set  COMPILER_PATH=D:/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/bin
>set   LIBRARY_PATH=D:/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/lib
>set 
C_INCLUDE_PATH=D:/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include
>rem - END CYGWIN32 SETTINGS
>
>The command "mount" reports that:
>D:                              /            native   
no-mixed,text=binary
>D:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32 /usr         native   
no-mixed,text=binary
>D:\<snip>\i386-cygwin32\include /usr/include native   
no-mixed,text=binary
>
>So saying "ls /usr/lib" or "ls /usr/bin" looks good in bash.
>
>[THE POINT]
>I am needing to find a discussion where someone has gone through the 
>process of setting up an NT's ENVIRONMENT so that the gnu native tools,
>installed binary versions, will operate properly.
>
>Thank you for the time,
>
>  Christopher Hahn -- [email-masked]  <--Use this, it is not 
de-spammed
>
>
>#################HERE IS MY PREVIOUS POSTING###################
>Hello All,
>
>I have read through the FAQ, and it suggests that certain system
>variables can be set to allow for using the tools and I wanted to ask
>where possible values might be discussed.
>
>In most (or even all) cases I think that I can guess the most probable
>values, but I thought that somewhere there might be a discussion of the
>form "OK, if you installed the tools into //foo/bar/snook then you 
>would set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX to be....".
>
>This one example, GCC_EXEC_PREFIX, is a good one, as the FAQ suggests
>that "The C++ headers can now be found given a correctly set
>GCC_EXEC_PREFIX environment variable." But elsewhere the FAQ refers to
>the variable CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH, which I would have thought would do
>the job ascribed to GCC_EXEC_PREFIX above.
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".