Subject: [BUG] in <sys/signal.h> (b18)
From: [email-masked] (Hauke Fath)

28 Jan 1998 05:28:27 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

while trying to bootstrap BSD make on cygwin32b18, I saw

DOHSE unix/bmake> make -f Makefile.boot
gcc -I. -DMACHINE=\"nt4-cygwin32\" -DMACHINE_ARCH=\"i386\" -DMAKE_BOOTSTRAP
-c main.c -o main.o
In file included from make.h:83,
                 from main.c:105:
config.h:94: warning: `POSIX' redefined
*Initialization*:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from main.c:90:
d:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\../../.
../..
/i386-cygwin32/include/sys/signal.h:32: syntax error before `('
d:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\../../.
../..
/i386-cygwin32/include/sys/signal.h:33: syntax error before `('
d:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\../../.
../..
/i386-cygwin32/include/sys/signal.h:34: syntax error before `('
d:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\../../.
../..
/i386-cygwin32/include/sys/signal.h:35: syntax error before `('
d:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\../../.
../..
/i386-cygwin32/include/sys/signal.h:36: syntax error before `('
d:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\../../.
../..
/i386-cygwin32/include/sys/signal.h:37: syntax error before `('
d:\usr\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\../../.
../..
/i386-cygwin32/include/sys/signal.h:38: syntax error before `('
make: *** [main.o] Error 1
DOHSE unix/bmake>

because <sys/signal.h> doesn't pull in the _EXFUN macro definition from
<_ansi.h>.

DOHSE include/sys> diff -c signal.h~ signal.h

*** signal.h~   Thu May 08 10:22:46 1997
--- signal.h    Wed Jan 28 11:57:36 1998
***************
*** 28,33 ****
--- 28,34 ----

  /* protos for functions found in winsup sources */
  #if defined(__CYGWIN32__)
+ #include <_ansi.h>
  int _EXFUN(kill, (pid_t, int));
  int _EXFUN(sigaction, (int, const struct sigaction *, struct sigaction *));
  int _EXFUN(sigdelset, (sigset_t *, const int));

DOHSE include/sys>

"FWIW"...

	hauke

-- 
Hauke Fath                              Melog Software GmbH
                                        D-69115 Heidelberg
[email-masked]                             Ruf +49-6221-1333-0, Fax -33

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".