Subject: [ANNOUNCE] New snapshots of Mingw32, Jam for Mingw32 and Win32 API headers
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

28 Jan 1998 05:27:06 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "Colin Peters" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "GNU-Win32" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Mumit Khan" <[email-masked]>,
        "Jan-Jaap van der Heijden" <[email-masked]>

I have put some new snapshots of the Mingw32 package (headers, import
libraries and startup code for using the built in CRTDLL Win32 C run time
library with GNU GCC) and Jam for Mingw32 (a make replacement program with
some rules tailored for Mingw32) on my web site (see .sig). These are
snapshots, so no guarantees, but if people want to see what's going on
there they are.

Of potentially more general interest (or maybe not) I have also put up a
snapshot of the Win32 API headers and libraries from my hard drive. These
are extensively modified versions of the headers from Win32 API 0.1.2,
with many bug fixes and additions (and, I'm sure, new bugs too). Among
other improvements, the header files given contain enough stuff (barely)
to compile that ever-bothersome first example in Petzold's "Programming
Windows 95." I hope somebody out there finds it useful.

I'm still working on this stuff, though less than before, and hope to make
a Mingw32 0.2.0 release at some date in the near future. The main thing
holding me up is the idea that I might have to write and test install
instructions for three versions of GCC (Cygwin b18, EGCS from Mumit and
GCC 2.8.0 from Jan-Jaap). Advice on whether this would be worthwhile (or
complete tested instructions in HTML format :-) ) would be appreciated.

Also, those of you who are willing to might want to drop me a line on any
bugs, outrageous stupidities, or missing features in the snapshot.

Anyway, just in case anyone wanted to know,
Colin.

-- Colin Peters -- colin at fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp
-- Saga University Dept. of Information Science
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".