Subject: (Kein "Betreff")
From: [email-masked] (Lothar Werzinger)

28 Jan 1998 02:43:25 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: gnu-win32 Mailinglist <[email-masked]>

Hi,

as I got no reply until now, I try to resen this (slightly modified)
message

Is it possible to debug executables which were produced by the MSVC++
(DevStudio 97 Service Pack 2) compiler with gdb? As far as I know, gdb
supports COFF. but when I load the executable, gdb complains about
finding no debug information.

As far as I found out gdb is capable of loading and executing the
binary. The only thing I would need, is a converter that makes a gdb
symbol file out of the *.pdb files of the MSVC++ compiler. Has anybody
written such a program or is doing so? Besides the fact that the .pdb
files are MS and binary, it should be just a question of demangling the
MS names and remangle them in a way gdb understands them or?

Lothar
--

KRONES AG
Hermann Kronseder Maschinenfabrik
Bayerwaldstrasse 5, 93068 Neutraubling, Germany

Lothar Werzinger Dipl.-Ing.Univ.
Dept.  EW
Phone: +49-(0)9401/70-3499
Fax:   +49-(0)9401/70-3091
Email: [email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".