Subject: standard headers not being found
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Hahn)

27 Jan 1998 16:44:59 -0800
Message-ID: <3.0.32.19980127114715.008f3e80.cygnus.gnu-win32@helios>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hello Again,

I have installed the binary versions of the gnu-win32 sdk and
am trying to execute a test compile (Hello_World) and I keep
getting the message that:

	fooby.c:1: stdio: No such file or directory
	gcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 33

I have tried many different system modifications, including setting
variables, both with forward and backward slashes, in my autoexec.bat
and in the NT environment settings dialog.  I have tried using
the -I option on the gcc command line.  I have tried mounting various
directories under various names.

My Autoexec.bat sets:

rem - BEGIN CYGWIN32 SETTINGS
set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=D:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
set
PATH=%PATH%;.;D:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;D:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin;
set    TCL_LIBRARY=D:/gnuwin32/b18/tcl/lib/tcl7.6
set  GDBTK_LIBRARY=D:/gnuwin32/b18/share/gdbtcl
set  COMPILER_PATH=D:/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/bin
set   LIBRARY_PATH=D:/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/lib
set C_INCLUDE_PATH=D:/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include
rem - END CYGWIN32 SETTINGS

The command "mount" reports that:
D:                              /            native   no-mixed,text=binary
D:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32 /usr         native   no-mixed,text=binary
D:\<snip>\i386-cygwin32\include /usr/include native   no-mixed,text=binary

So saying "ls /usr/lib" or "ls /usr/bin" looks good in bash.

[THE POINT]
I am needing to find a discussion where someone has gone through the 
process of setting up an NT's ENVIRONMENT so that the gnu native tools,
installed binary versions, will operate properly.

Thank you for the time,

  Christopher Hahn -- [email-masked]  <--Use this, it is not de-spammed

#################HERE IS MY PREVIOUS POSTING###################
Hello All,

I have read through the FAQ, and it suggests that certain system
variables can be set to allow for using the tools and I wanted to ask
where possible values might be discussed.

In most (or even all) cases I think that I can guess the most probable
values, but I thought that somewhere there might be a discussion of the
form "OK, if you installed the tools into //foo/bar/snook then you 
would set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX to be....".

This one example, GCC_EXEC_PREFIX, is a good one, as the FAQ suggests
that "The C++ headers can now be found given a correctly set
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX environment variable." But elsewhere the FAQ refers to
the variable CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH, which I would have thought would do
the job ascribed to GCC_EXEC_PREFIX above.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".