Subject: plotutils-2.0
From: [email-masked] (William M. Mullins)

27 Jan 1998 07:03:40 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "\"[email-masked]\"" <[email-masked]>

After my experiences with plotutils 1.1, I wanted to try plotutils 2.0
as quickly as possible.  Using the b18 tools, my problems were very
minor:

1) in the configure script, the command
        gcc -print-prog-name=ld
returns something the script cannot handle.  To fix I added line 1008
        LD=/usr/bin/ld
which bypasses the problem.

2) I apparently missed how to include the X support for libplot (I
couldn't find it easily)
which required me to manually remove the definition of X_DISPLAY_MISSING
in config.h  line 42
and further made me have to change the line
        XLIBS = -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lXext -lX11
to
        XLIBS = -L/usr/X11R6.3/lib -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lXext -lX11 -lSM
-lICE
in the makefiles for graph, tek2plot and plot.  I had specified both
--x-libraries and --x-includes in running configure but they apparently
didn't "stick", the makefiles insisted on linking to the XLIBS listed
above, but didn't have the path...

With these simple problems overcome, it built easily and passed all it
test cases.  From  ode-examples, I ran

cat population.ode | ode | graph -T X

which gave the expected results with no problems!

It seems to work very well!

W. M. Mullins

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".