Subject: Re: Problems with mingw32 GCC 2.8.0 !!!
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

27 Jan 1998 06:30:09 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>From [email-masked] Tue Jan 27 04:52:59 1998
>Received: (from majordom@localhost)
>	by runyon.cygnus.com (8.8.7-cygnus/8.8.7) id CAA29307;
>	Tue, 27 Jan 1998 02:27:36 -0800 (PST)
>Received: from dist.dist.unige.it (dist.dist.unige.it [130.251.1.4])
>	by runyon.cygnus.com (8.8.7-cygnus/8.8.7) with SMTP id CAA29303
>	for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 27 Jan 1998 02:27:24 -0800 (PST)
>Received: from split.com.dist.unige.it (split.com.dist.unige.it 
[130.251.8.20]) by dist.dist.unige.it (8.6.12/8.6.12) with SMTP id 
LAA15423; Tue, 27 Jan 1998 11:28:02 +0100
>Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 11:26:05 +0100 (MET)
>From: Fabio Vignoli <[email-masked]>
>X-Sender: [email-masked]
>To: Jan-Jaap van der Heijden <[email-masked]>
>cc: GNU-Win32 list <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Problems with mingw32 GCC 2.8.0 !!!
>In-Reply-To: 
<[email-masked]>
>Message-ID: 
<[email-masked]>
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
>Sender: [email-masked]
>Precedence: bulk
>
>Hi!
>
>I downloaded the mingw32 required packages and tried to install on my 
hd:
>
>1) In the installation page:
>
>http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~janjaap/mingw32/installation.html
>
>You wrote "I shall assume `C:\MINGW32' but another location should be
>fine", but it seems that it's not, I tried another directory and gcc
>couldn't find the "specs" file in the ...gcc-lib/...

I use MINGW32 in a different path than C:\MINGW32.  You need to check 
your environment variables.  Make sure that the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX is 
correct.  You must have MSDOS style paths and path separators.  You must 
end GCC_EXEC_PREFIX with a \

>
>But this is not a big problem ... :^) maybe you forgot a fixed macro in
>the code or a new anvironment variable is needed .
>
>2) The problem I encountered when I tried to compile the dlltest or 
other
>tests provided with the packages is more serious, maybe is my 
inexperience
>in using the tool but it seems that WinMain does not exist in any of 
the
>default libraries. (I used jam to compile it).
>
>I can't report the exact error message because I'm not at home but it
>seems that it can't find a reference to WinMain@16.
>

I believe you need to add a switch to indicate windows. In cygwin32 it 
is -mwindows.  I don't know if it has changed for MINGW32.

>Thanks for your attention,
>Fabio  
>-----------------------------ooooO*O*Ooooo---------------------------
>Fabio Vignoli                      o o  (e-mail: [email-masked])
>http://www-dsp.com.dist.unige.it/   ^   (             [email-masked])
>DIST University of GENOVA          `-'  (        tel ++39.10.3532803)
>PGP fingerprint =  E4 44 95 92 3B 23 2F 77    5D 15 44 9B 46 E6 8B B5
>-----------------------------ooooO*O*Ooooo---------------------------
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".