Subject: Re: your mail
From: [email-masked] (Isaac Kohn)

26 Jan 1998 22:27:31 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

> I found that bash is very slow. Whenever I type a command, which is not existing, I have to wait for nearly 3 minutes to get 
> the message 'command not found'. 
> Do I need to change my system settings to improve the performance of bash?

Mine is slow, but not nearly that slow -- about 1-2 seconds.  You ought to
check if you have a long path, if your path is very long then bash has to
search every directory for the executable before concluding that it cannot
find it.  Also (this is pure speculation) command execution in that way
may utilize a fork, which is slightly slow in the gnuwin32 implementation.

Nevertheless, it should not take more than several seconds...

Good luck,
Isaac Kohn

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".