Subject: Re: which gdb best for mingw32 2.8.0?
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

26 Jan 1998 07:15:31 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Thomas,

I've used the minimalist EGCS version on NT3.51.  I've just ported the 
textutils package using it.  I've not used gdb, though.  EGCS is 
experimental in the sense that it provides cutting edge releases of gcc 
but the releases seem to be stable (at least so far as I've 
experienced).

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)

>From [email-masked] Fri Jan 23 20:04:26 1998
>Received: (from majordom@localhost)
>	by runyon.cygnus.com (8.8.7-cygnus/8.8.7) id MAA24763;
>	Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:57:41 -0800 (PST)
>Received: from ren.globecomm.net (ren.globecomm.net [207.51.48.3])
>	by runyon.cygnus.com (8.8.7-cygnus/8.8.7) with ESMTP id MAA24759
>	for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:57:39 -0800 (PST)
>Received: from spot (p77.nas2.is4.u-net.net [195.102.196.205]) by 
ren.globecomm.net (8.8.8/8.8.0) with SMTP id PAA18815 for 
<[email-masked]>; Wed, 21 Jan 1998 15:57:32 -0500 (EST)
>Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
>X-Sender: [email-masked]
>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Light Version 3.0.2 (32)
>Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 20:55:22 +0000
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Thomas Nichols <[email-masked]>
>Subject: which gdb best for mingw32 2.8.0?
>Mime-Version: 1.0
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>Sender: [email-masked]
>Precedence: bulk
>
>Hello,
>I've moved most of my cygwin32 stuff (native win32, using Zinc ZAF5 at
>http://www.zinc.com) successfully to the mingw32 release at
>http://www.deninc.com. However, this is missing gdb (and a few other 
tools,
>like diff). If I download Mumit Khan's egcs stuff, will that work with
>2.8.0? Do I have to download the whole thing, or just a part of it? Are
>there file format incompatibilities between the deninc and egcs 
releases?
>
>I saw Colin's suggestion that egcs is the one to go for, but am 
deterred by
>the deninc comments about egcs as an 'experimental' compiler. I'd 
rather
>have a solid implementation of yesterdays's technology, a damning 
admission
>of cowardice I know.
>
>Thanks,
>Regards,
>Tom.
>
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".