Subject: Re: DOS and Win95 programs
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

26 Jan 1998 07:03:30 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Michel,

Have you tried the minimalist version of gcc yet.  It does away with the 
cygwin.dll.  As long as your programs aren't GUI based they should run 
in DOS.  You'll just have to test that.  As for Win3.11, new API calls 
just ain't gonna work, otherwise, give it a try.

If you have more legal questions, someone had mentioned that there busy 
lawyer may be willing to help.  If you willing to search the archives 
you may be able to find who was willing to help.

Happy Computing,

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)

>From [email-masked] Sat Jan 24 03:22:47 1998
>Received: from dell-michel ([193.51.127.43]) by pythie.cepremap.cnrs.fr
>	 with smtp id m0xw3oQ-0012TRC
>	(Debian Smail-3.2 1996-Jul-4 #2); Sat, 24 Jan 1998 12:31:46 +0100 
(CET)
>Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
>From: "Michel Juillard" <[email-masked]>
>To: "Earnie Boyd" <[email-masked]>
>Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 11:25:31 +0000
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
>Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
>Subject: Re: DOS and Win95 programs
>Reply-to: [email-masked]
>Priority: normal
>In-reply-to: <[email-masked]>
>
>Hi Earnie,
>
>thanks for trying to help. I have written a small economic simulation 
>program which I distribute freely. Currently I develop under NT with 
>gnu-win32 and my questions are as follows:
>
>1) for my program to be used under Win95 and NT, do I have to include 
>cygwin.dll in the package or can I "embed" cygwin.dll in the 
>executable so to have a single file to send people.
>
>2) for my program to be used under DOS and Win3.11 can I 
>"cross-compile" with gnu-win32 and obtain an executable which will 
>work under DOS or Win3.11
>
>My program doesn't use any Windows specific features, it's basically 
>a filter reading an ASCII file and writing another one.
>
>Thanks again for your help.
>
>Michel
>
>---------------------------------------------
>Michel Juillard
>CEPREMAP
>140, rue du Chevaleret
>75013 Paris
>
>tel (33 1) 40.77.84.24
>fax (33 1) 44.24.38.57
>maison (33 1) 42.52.92.66
>---------------------------------------------
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".