Subject: bash and non-US keybords
From: [email-masked] (Werner Mossner)

26 Jan 1998 06:23:35 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hi bash experts!

I'm trying to use bash (version 1.14.7(2)) on an INTEL box with a
German keybord running NT 4.0. Our sysop installed it from the b18
distribution.

I experience problems using spcial characters like @,~,|,.. (these
characters are normally accessed via an ALT-combination on a German
keyboard). The same problem occurs for special German characters like
ä,ö,...

I tried fiddling around with readline settings, but could solve the
problem.

Any hints are appreciated.

Regards,
Werner

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Werner K Mossner          voice: +49-89-636-49738
SBS, MP 5 GI              fax:   +49-89-636-48303
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6          internet: [email-masked] 
D-81739 Muenchen

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".