Subject: Re: Installing
From: [email-masked] (Isaac Kohn)

25 Jan 1998 15:00:25 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Kevin Tighe <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Kevin,

> I'm having problems setting up gnu-win32.  I've added the lines that I was
> supposed to to my autoexec.bat file, but when I rebooted, it said "bad
> command or file name."  Is there a specific place these lines should be in
> autoexec.bat?  Also, I'm not sure how to do things like add  "/bin" and
> "/tmp" directories.  The installation instructions assume a certain amount
> of knowedge that I don't have.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

first of all, to set an environment variable add the following anywhere in
your autoexec.bat:

	set <variablename>=<variablevalue>

for example, i have:

	set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=C:\ivk\gnuwin32\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
	set TCL_LIBRARY=C:/ivk/gnuwin32/tcl/lib/tcl7.6
	set GDBTK_LIBRARY=C:/ivk/gnuwin32/share/gdbtcl
	[and a path var, which is long so i won't include it here]

these obviously assume installation dir of C:\ivk\gnuwin32\* rather than
c:gnuwin32\b18\*, but the general principle is the same.

purists would tell you to put these lines at the end of your autoexec.bat,
for technical reasons that are really not important.  you really can put
them anywhere in the file you want to.

after that you ought to be pretty much all set, if you still have a
problem drop a note.

regards,
isaac kohn

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".