Subject: Problem with forks
From: [email-masked] (Isaac Kohn)

25 Jan 1998 14:25:17 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Isaac Kohn <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

hi everyone
i just installed this whole gnu-win32 business, and it works in part but
there seems to be a problem with forking.  i notice the problem when i run
zmore.  below is the output i received with "zmore txt2html.pl", a perl
script (but that obviously doesn't matter):

------> txt2html.pl <------
(C:\IVK\GNUWIN32\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\SH.EXE 1059) forkee heap_init: unable
to allocate heap, win32 error 8
cygwin: terminating
fork_helper: child died before initialization with win32 error 1
(C:\IVK\GNUWIN32\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\SH.EXE 1059) forkee heap_init: unable
to allocate heap, win32 error 8
cygwin: terminating
fork_helper: child died before initialization with win32 error 1
/IVK/GNUWIN32/H-I386-CYGWIN32/BIN/more: fork: No more processes
(C:\IVK\GNUWIN32\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\SH.EXE 1053) forkee heap_init: unable
to allocate heap, win32 error 8
cygwin: terminating
fork_helper: child died before initialization with win32 error 1

and that's it.

can anyone help me? i've set my environment variables, etc. etc., and
other parts of the installation -- such as compilation of simple programs
-- work fine.  thanks for your assistance.

isaac kohn

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".