Subject: ld not showing undefined externals
From: [email-masked] (Michael Lemke)

25 Jan 1998 14:10:21 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Can anyone help me with what might be wrong in my set up?  When I call a
subroutine that doesn't exist (missing library or what) gcc
does not tell me which routine is missing.  All I get is 

bash$ gcc  Generic.o  -v -mwindows
Reading specs from
F:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.21\specs
gcc version egcs-2.90.21 971202 (egcs-1.00 release)

F:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.21\ld.exe
--subsystem windows //F/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib\crt0.o
-LF:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.21
-LF:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib
-L//F/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32/egcs-2.90.21 
-L//F/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/lib
-L//F/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib Generic.o -lgcc 
-lcygwin -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lkernel32 -lgcc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gcc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1

(The above happens because I omitted -lversion on purpose.)

I tried what the FAQ said about collect-ld but it didn't help.

If you need more information let me know.

Thanks,
Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".