Subject: split and cat
From: [email-masked] (malcolm)

25 Jan 1998 00:09:58 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Are split and cat supposed to work properly as a means of splitting
large binary files and joinging the pieces back together. I find that
split craps out having performed a good job of creating nothing useful.
If I use split on a Linux box and then try to use cat to put the bits
back together, that fails as well. Typical files I have tried are 10+MB
being split into 1MB chunks.

Just curious to hear if anyone has got them to work - in which case its
my setup. Or if its a common problem, is a fix on the way?

regards
malcolm

--
---------------------------------------------------------------
Malcolm Melville                       email: [email-masked]
Enterprise Melville Limited            Tel:   +44 1435 869911
Network and Aviation Consultancy       Fax:   +44 1435 869912
---------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".