Subject: what is equivalent to CreateFile, DeviceIoControl, CloseHandle???
From: [email-masked] (Marc Fiuczynski)

25 Jan 1998 00:09:26 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I need to do the equivalent of the CreateFile, DeviceIoControl, and
CloseHandle calls that are defined in MSVC kernel32.lib.  What I am
trying to do is open up a device, do an ioctl operation to it, and then
later close that device again.  So I suppose there are two questions:

*	does the cygwin dll have similar operations that I can use to do
the CreateFile, DeviceIoControl, and CloseHandle?
*	how can one link with MSVC's kernel32.lib so I can just call
these routines directly?

Thanks,

Marc
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".