Subject: Re: DirectX & GNU-Win32 possible?
From: [email-masked] (Paul Garceau)

24 Jan 1998 23:10:42 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

Greetings,

On 21 Jan 98 at 12:10, the Illustrious [email-masked] wrote:

> 
> 
> > I am trying to write a DirectX program with GNU-Win32 but can't even get
> > linking
> > done.

	Cygwin32 is not outfitted with DirectX capability as far as I know.

> > If someone could tell me how to make a basic Win32 program link properly
> I
> > would really appreciate it.

	Mingw32 is already positioned to handle some DirectX.  As far as I know, 
however, it is still in its' basic development phases when it comes to 
DirectX programming. 

	I have compiled, linked and run some simple DirectX 3.0 based programs
using the mingw32 package to compile and link them as well as OpenGL
based programs for NT 4.0; the programs ran without errors...again, this 
was accomplished by using the mingw32 package with the a DirectX based 
extension by simply directing the package to do its thing.

	Recently there was some discussion on this mailing list around enabling a 
DX5 capable Gnu-Win32 compiler.  I encourage you to check the gnu-win32 
archives by accessing http:www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32 (please, 
folks, correct me on this website reference...I don't have the actual 
URL reference in front of me) and following the links contained therein.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Information Systems Consultant
NewDawn Productions
http://www.teleport.com/~pgarceau/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".