Subject: Re: Beginner.Help.
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

24 Jan 1998 18:10:12 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

First let me say,  sorry this is so long in coming.  The mail router 
seems to be having slowness problems.

>From: [email-masked]
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Beginner.Help.
>Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:08:45 -0800
>
>How do I write a simple Win32 program.
>I tried to compile a basic winmain.cpp file but it only screams abuse 
at
>me.
>I tried :
>g++ winmain.cpp -o winmain.exe

gcc winmain.cpp -o winmain.exe -mwindows

>
>If someone can help I would really apreciate it because I want to 
program
>DirectX
>stuff and I don't have money for fancy stuff like Visual C++.
>
>

You might be interested in Colin Peters' site (see the URL list below).  
It contains a version of gcc which excludes the cygwin.dll which is 
there to emulate the unix environment.  This adds a lot of overhead 
which is not necessary for strictly programming in Win32.

Have a good day.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".