Subject: Re: My Brain Hurts!! Please help.
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

24 Jan 1998 17:31:25 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

As has been stated before, the publisher should not have chosen to 
include the gnu-win32 beta project for it's book.  The true beginner is 
going to be truely lost.  Also, the contents of the CD are old.  I 
suggest that you return the book with the CD and get your money back.  
Then apply the money toward courses in programming.  The C language 
itself is so technical that I would suggest that you don't start with 
it.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)

>Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 01:28:45 +0000
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Paul Harrold <[email-masked]>
>Subject: My Brain Hurts!! Please help.
>
>I have just bought "Teach yourself C in 24 hours" and received the
>GNUPro CD with the book.
>
>The trouble is I can't make head or tale of what's on the CD,sure it
>installed OK, but as I am a complete beginner in programming, the
>contents of the CD mean nothing to me.
>
>What file should I be looking at for a clear and logical introduction 
to
>the contents of the CD. for example what file is the compiler,
>assembler, debugger?
>
>I can't be that stupid, I built PC's in my spare time!! 
>
>In short the CD has completely blown my mind I don't know where to
>start.
>
>Any clear and concise advice aimed at a complete novice would be 
greatly
>appreciated.
>-- 
>Paul Harrold
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".