Subject: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION in B18 cygwin_except_handler
From: [email-masked] (Naveen Patil)

24 Jan 1998 15:39:23 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Once in a while, bash generates the following exception while
running as part of a Makefile build script ...

(unknown) exception: si 244FA28 di 0 bp 244FA3C sp 244FA18
(unknown) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(unknown) Stack trace:
(unknown) frame 0: sp = 0x244F84C, pc = 0x1000D20E
(unknown) frame 1: sp = 0x244F868, pc = 0x77F94512
(unknown) frame 2: sp = 0x244F88C, pc = 0x77F88EEB
(unknown) frame 3: sp = 0x244F918, pc = 0x77F76266
(unknown) frame 4: sp = 0x244FA3C, pc = 0x1000BF21
(unknown) frame 5: sp = 0x244FF94, pc = 0x1000C45B
(unknown) frame 6: sp = 0x244FFA0, pc = 0x43AE95
(unknown) frame 7: sp = 0x244FFB0, pc = 0x40103B
(unknown) frame 8: sp = 0x244FFC0, pc = 0x77F1B304
(unknown) frame 9: sp = 0x244FFF0, pc = 0x0
(unknown) End of stack trace
(unknown) In cygwin_except_handler
(unknown) Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
(unknown) In cygwin_except_handler
(unknown) Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
(unknown) In cygwin_except_handler
....
....

The "Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)"
continuously spews until it suddenly stops after about an hour, and
the build continues compiling the file after the one which generated
this problem ...

This happens randomly once in a while, and doesn't happen to any
particular file ...

Any clues to why this happens, workarounds, fixes?

Thanks!
-- 
_____________________________________________________________________________
Naveen Patil, mailto:[email-masked]		 Silicon Graphics, Inc
[T] (650)933-4311  [Fax] (650)932-4311		 2011 N Shoreline, MS 10U-987
[P] (800)718-6125, mailto:[email-masked]  Mountain View, CA
94043-1389
[W] http://vinayak.engr.sgi.com/~naveen          http://www.sgi.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".