Subject: select() problem with X and ONCRPC
From: [email-masked] (Derek Karnes)

23 Jan 1998 19:36:43 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

I'm using a port of ONCRPC in conjunction with the MI/X server and
Cygwin32b18 and X11R6.3.

My problem is that every select() call spits out an "error 9" warning
(Bad file number).. I was wondering if anyone's used/using this
combination of utilities and has encountered the same problem.

Thus far I've avoided the errors by stripping out the select() loops and
replacing them with svc_run() calls. However the latest select() call
I've encountered is in the X toolkit (Xt/NextEvent.c) and I'm loathe to
start hacking away at Xt.

If you have any info on this, please get in touch with me, I'd love to
hear it/give you more details on my problem/share what I've found so
far.

-Derek

--
--------------------------------
--      Derek L. Karnes       --
--    [email-masked]     --
-- http://www.erols.com/terek --
--------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".