Subject: Shell scripts
From: [email-masked] (Kees van Veen)

23 Jan 1998 19:17:48 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi,
I'm using NT 4.0 SP3, b18, latest coolview.

I have created a shortcut with the target:

	c:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\sh.exe -c
"/usr/local/bin/login.exe"

This works fine and enables me to login locally on the console.

I can start all kinds of programs and shell scripts, except shell
scripts with ':' on the first line (instead of #!/bin/sh), and I get an
error like 

	sh: ./myshell: No such file or directory

If I start a subshell from the current shell (by typing 'sh') and type
'myshell' again the shell script is executed well.

I'm also using the inetd/telnet daemon and have no problem there.

I've tried to specify flags like  '-login' to the shortcut
specification, but without any success.

Does anyone know why I have to start two shells to get these shell
scripts working ?

Thanks in advance,
Kees
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".