Subject: which gdb best for mingw32 2.8.0?
From: [email-masked] (Thomas Nichols)

23 Jan 1998 19:16:01 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Hello,
I've moved most of my cygwin32 stuff (native win32, using Zinc ZAF5 at
http://www.zinc.com) successfully to the mingw32 release at
http://www.deninc.com. However, this is missing gdb (and a few other tools,
like diff). If I download Mumit Khan's egcs stuff, will that work with
2.8.0? Do I have to download the whole thing, or just a part of it? Are
there file format incompatibilities between the deninc and egcs releases?

I saw Colin's suggestion that egcs is the one to go for, but am deterred by
the deninc comments about egcs as an 'experimental' compiler. I'd rather
have a solid implementation of yesterdays's technology, a damning admission
of cowardice I know.

Thanks,
Regards,
Tom.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".