Subject: Re: Whereis the "man" command?
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

23 Jan 1998 07:11:45 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately, there is no man executable available.  Cygnus has 
dedicated themselves to working with the tools and not providing all of 
the binaries.  You could find the groff package at your favorite gnu 
mirror.  I prefer to use PolyglotMan to translate the man pages to html.  
The link to PolyglotMan is 
ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/ucb/people/phelps/tcltk/rman.tar.Z

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)

>Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 09:55:22 -0500
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Joe Stevens <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Whereis the "man" command?
>
>Does anyone know where the "man" command is located?
>I see man pages but no "man". I also can't find nroff or troff
>to create man-like command.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Joe
>
>-Joe Stevens-)))--->> URL http://www530.gsfc.nasa.gov/~stevens
>-----------------------------------------------+
>|\ | /\ (<  /\     Goddard Space Flight Center |
>| \|/  \ >)/  \    Network Engineering Branch  |
>Code 531.2, Greenbelt, Maryland 20771          |
>Email: [email-masked]      :-)      |
>Tel: (301) 286-1557   Fax: (301) 286-1724      |
>-----------------------------------------------+
>
>"If all the world's economists were laid end to end, 
>we wouldn't reach a conclusion."
>                -- William Baumol
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".