Subject: Building tools for MIPS target, Cygwin32 host (on NT4.0)
From: [email-masked] (Spencer Shanson)

22 Jan 1998 13:13:20 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I'm trying to build the GNU tools to run on WindowsNT 4.0, targeted for
MIPS. My host PC is a Pentium2. The source code is b18. I configure the
Makefiles using the "configure" script:

C:\gnuwin32\b18\src\cdk>sh configure --target=mips i686-pc-cygwin32
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:

     expect dejagnu send-pr texinfo
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)
Created "Makefile" in /gnuwin32/b18/src/cdk using "config/mh-cygwin32"
Links are now set up to build a cross-compiler for mips-mips-elf
  from i686-pc-cygwin32.

When I try to make the tools (from the src root), the compiler dies with
the following error:

gcc -O2 -c -g -O2  -I./../generic -I. -DDOS_PATHNAMES=1 -DHAVE_GETCWD=1
-DHAV
E_OPENDIR=1 -DHAVE_STRSTR=1 -DHAVE_STRTOL=1 -DHAVE_TMPNAM=1
-DHAVE_WAITPID=1
-DNO_WAIT3=1 -DNO_DLFCN_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TIME_H=1
-DTIME_WITH
_SYS_TIME=1 -DHAVE_TIMEZONE_VAR=1 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_ST_BLKSIZE=1
-DNO_U
NION_WAIT=1 -DNEED_MATHERR=1 -DGETTOD_NOT_DECLARED=1
-DHAVE_SYS_IOCTL_H=1
   -DTCL_SHLIB_EXT=\"\" ./../generic/regexp.c
In file included from ../generic/tclPort.h:20,
                 from ./../generic/regexp.c:48:
.../generic/../win/tclWinPort.h:19: malloc.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../generic/tclPort.h:20,
                 from ./../generic/regexp.c:48:
.../generic/../win/tclWinPort.h:27: winsock.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../generic/tclPort.h:20,
                 from ./../generic/regexp.c:48:
.../generic/../win/tclWinPort.h:29: sys/timeb.h: No such file or
directory
In file included from ../generic/tclPort.h:20,
                 from ./../generic/regexp.c:48:
.../generic/../win/tclWinPort.h:74: warning: `TCL_SHLIB_EXT' redefined
*Initialization*:1: warning: this is the location of the previous
definition
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 33
make: *** [regexp.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-tcl] Error 2

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".