Subject: Re: new user (NBY)
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

22 Jan 1998 07:55:52 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 10:43:03 +0100
>From: Jaroslav Gergic <[email-masked]>
>To: gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>
>Subject: new user
>
>Hello, I am a new user of gnu-win32 and I have some questions:
>
>1) I am missing "more" command in bash shell is any available?

alias more to the more.com in your windows directory.

>2) How to view docs in "man" directory? "man" command also doesn't work

get a package called RMAN and convert the man pages to html.

>3) How to remount drives? I have / mounted to c:\ but I want to mount / 
to another directory.

cd to the gnuwin32 bin directory
umount /
mount -b d:\\somedirectory /

while you are at it umount and mount -b all of the other directories 
listed.  For more information on the -b switch check the mail archives 
for banter on text=binary vs. text!=binary.

>
>Thank you for answers! I appologize - if these questions are answered 
in
>mailing list archive, bute I can't find any search engine and archive 
is
>very huge. :(

It may be possible for you to use www.search.com to find info from the 
gnu-win32 mailing list.

>
>Gergic
>--
>Name: Jaroslav Gergic
>- student of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles 
University,
>Prague
>  E-mail: [email-masked]
>  Web: http://www.kolej.mff.cuni.cz/~jg
>- editor of the PDA section of Mobil Server
>  E-mail: [email-masked]
>  Web: http://www.mobil.cz
>
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".