Subject: Re: where do I start? (NBY)
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

22 Jan 1998 04:13:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Please review the README and FAQ files at the ftp site.  BTW, you should 
rebuild perl with the gnu-win32 suite of tools.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)

>From: "Mike Collins" <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 05:17:20 -500
>Subject: where do I start?
>Reply-to: [email-masked]
>
>I have the gnu compiler and who knows what else installed on my win32 
>system. My questions are very basic. How do I verify the setup of the 
>gnu utilities and programs regarding paths and proper installation? 
>I've successfully compiled one program, however, my chosen directory 
>for the gnu program install was not the default selection, therefore, 
>I'd like to confirm that my paths are correct and all components are 
>working.
>
>As one example, from the command prompt I enter the command bash and 
>bash starts but it also tells me that I have no /tmp.
>
>For another, and this may be related to perl 5.004, the path for perl 
>includes c:/whatever but perl is on my d:/drive. Perl does work but 
>I'd like to adjust the environment. I'm trying to graduate from the 
>ActiveState port to the standard win32 binary.
>
>How do I access the documentation included with the gnu programs 
>and what other information exists to help one just getting started?
>
>Thanks.
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".