Subject: More on line endings - A Minimalist Pondering
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

22 Jan 1998 04:13:49 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]

I have just compiled some of the textutils ver 1.22 using mimialist 
egcs-1.0.  In testing specifically cat and comm I find that line endings 
of \r\n or \n make no difference.  The \r is stripped off if it is there 
when read.  I've modified no code for this.  If I do cat < cat.c > 
cat.tst the cat.tst file has the \r\n where the cat.c file has only the 
\n.  If I cat cat.c or cat.tst both files are displayed properly.  If I 
do comm -3 cat.c cat.tst I get no output indicating that both files are 
identical.

So, what happens in gnu-win32?  All I did to build the executables that 
would build was:

1) configure (running in cygwin bash)

2) modify the symbolic link file that was created to do a #include of 
the file linked to. (I forget what the name of the file is but configure 
will tell you)

3) modify src/Makefile to add -DLC_ALL=6

4) make -i -k

Not all of the utilities build.  Anyone build a glibc with minimalist 
gcc yet??

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".