Subject: mmap() support W95/NT in b18
From: [email-masked] (Kenneth Osterberg)

21 Jan 1998 21:10:58 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I'm trying to port some SW that uses mmap() extensively. The FAQ for
b18 says the system call on Windows95 is a dummy. But how about
WindowsNT, is it supposed to work?

Specifically, the program fails on the following system call:

heap = mmap(NULL, 12288, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS,
            -1, 0);

On Win95, it fails with errno=22 (Invalid argument).

On WindowsNT (3.51), it fails with errno=13 (Permission denied).

The question is
- Is it supposed to work on any platform?
- How about the coolview package, any improvement expected there?
- If not, is there a chance it will be supported in a future version?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".