Subject: Re: gdb under emacs w/ gnu-win32
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

21 Jan 1998 21:10:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

The problem is that NT-emacs or anyother program not compiled with 
gnu-win32 does not understand the filesystem as interpreted by the 
cygwin.dll.

>Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 19:05:52 -0500
>From: Eric Decker <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: gdb under emacs w/ gnu-win32
>
>Hello all!
>
>Just started using gnu-win32, and so far I am impressed.  One small
>problem though.  I tried using M-x gdb under NT-emacs, but apparently
>there is a file name confusion between the gdb debugging symbols and
>NT-emacs.  When emacs attempts to load the source file, it tries to 
load
>d:/D/<path>.  I'm assuming that emacs is responsible for the "d:", 
while
>gdb is inserting "/D".  The gdb "list" command works fine, so this is
>strictly an emacs confusion.  Now, I could go into the elisp for M-x
>gdb, but I'm hoping someone has seen and solved this problem already.
>As always, thanks in advance for any help.
>
>Eric Decker
>Intrinsix Corp.
>
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".