Subject: Re: Running applications via telnet
From: [email-masked]

21 Jan 1998 11:14:38 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=cp437
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Tomas Vanak ([email-masked])
>   Thu, 15 Jan 1998 13:34:18 +0100 (MET)
>Hi everybody,
>I have installed inetd from Sergey. If I logon to my machine via telnet I
>can run all applications but winnt applications (e.g. notepad.exe)
>are running without screen - they are in task list but have no window.
>Should I set some parameters to inetd or some system variable? Or is there
>any fix?
>
This is what Sergei was talking about when he complained about my using
the Windows console buffer instead of the cygwin.dll stdout for implementing
libslang.

Windows applications don't access stdout via cygwin.dll.  Hence, they are
not visible to inetd.  You need a Unix editor ported to cygwin if you
want to telnet to your machine and edit a document.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".