Subject: i960 cross compiling...
From: [email-masked] (Raj Menon)

20 Jan 1998 04:42:04 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]

HELP!

I am using the GNUWIN32 distribution and trying to build a
cross-compiler for the i960 (i960-coff from i386-pc-cygwin32).
It seems like binutils, GAS, LD etc build fine.  GCC on the other
hand, does not.   I get the following error:

> touch stmp-multilib
> /apps/gnuwin32/b18/cdk/gcc/xgcc -B/apps/gnuwin32/b18/cdk/gcc/
-DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC -O2 -I./include -c ./libgcc1-test.c
> Testing libgcc1.  Ignore linker warning messages.
> /apps/gnuwin32/b18/cdk/gcc/xgcc -B/apps/gnuwin32/b18/cdk/gcc/
-DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC -O2 -I./include libgcc1-test.o -o
libgcc1-test -nostartfiles -nostdlib '/apps/gnuwin32/b18/cdk/gcc/xgcc
-B/apps/gnuwin32/b18/cdk/gcc/ --print-libgcc-file-name'
> libgcc1-test.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
> xgcc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1
> make: *** [libgcc1-test] Error 1
> make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

I have been trying to build a cross compiler for about a week now.
I have tried building Intel's CTOOLS 5.1 (ar does not build correctly
and thus none of the lib's can be built).  I tried the gcc-2.7.3 distribution,
which also dies.  I tried the egcs-1.0.1 distribution, which also
dies.  If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.  I need the
compiler ASAP.

Thanks.

-raj

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".