Subject: RE: Why text=binary mounts
From: [email-masked] (John A. Turner)

18 Jan 1998 15:51:49 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Gary R. Van Sickle writes:

 > Yeah, you don't have the GNU make utility (I'll be deep in the cold, cold 
 > ground before I figure out how to use that one, and not for lack of 
 > trying).  Yeah, you don't have EMACS (how do you open a file with it?). 
 >  Yeah, no vi.

All I can say is that I consider those events (learning to use make and
learning Emacs) two of the most important in my development.

In fact, aside from learning my first programming language, I'm having
trouble thinking of events of more significance.

--
John A. Turner                       mailto:[email-masked]
Senior Research Associate            http://www.blueskystudios.com
Blue Sky | VIFX                      http://www.vifx.com
One South Road, Harrison, NY 10528   http://www.lanl.gov/home/turner
Phone: 914-381-8400                  Fax: 914-381-9790/1

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".