Subject: Re: mkisofs for Win95
From: [email-masked] (William A. Perkins)

18 Jan 1998 11:32:46 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <v03110700b0e4797ff221@[206.49.129.145]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Johan de Haas <[email-masked]>, Mike Loewen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Loewen <[email-masked]> writes:

    Mike>    I located an old message from you in the GNU-Win32
    Mike> mailing list, indicating you'd had mkisofs running in the
    Mike> Win95 environment: can you point me to a binary for Win95?
    Mike> Thanks.

>>>>> "Johan" == Johan de Haas <[email-masked]> writes:

    Johan> Hello Bill,

    Johan> I saw an old message of yours on the gnu-win32 mailing
    Johan> list, where you stated that you were successfully running
    Johan> mkisofs on Win95. Three questions:

    Johan> - Is the executable downloadable somewhere?
    Johan> - If not, would you be able to e-mail me a copy?
    Johan> - I downloaded usertools.exe from Cynus' ftp site (1.8b). I do need to
    Johan> install that in order to use mkisofs, right?

Mike and Johan,

I have placed the source tree off my machine, including binaries, in
<ftp://ftp.pnl.gov/pub/outgoing/perk/mkisofs-1.11.tgz>.  Be advised
that this file will disappear in 7 days.

The last time I used this, it worked, but that was a while ago. Some
minor changes were necessary in the source (binary mode fopen's) and
the Makefile after running configure (-DNON_UNIXFS). I am using
Sergey's coolview cygwin.dll dated October 13, 1997 on Windows 95. 

I don't have time to *anything* with this, so you're on your own.  The
binaries will probably work, and you can see for yourselves what I did
to get it to compile. Good Luck.

Bill

-- 
Bill Perkins
Battelle Pacific Northwest Laboratories
Environmental Technologies Division, Hydrology Group
P.O. Box 999 MSIN K9-36
Richland, Washington, USA  99352
voice: (509) 372-6131 fax: (509) 372-6089 email: [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".