Subject: tcl, exec, starting a console
From: [email-masked] (Brian Craft)

17 Jan 1998 12:31:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Hi. I'm wondering how I can start a program in a separate window from tcl.

Under Unix I pop up an xterm, but I haven't figured out a way to
start another console with cygwin. In tcl

exec ls

Produces what you might expect, returning the result to tcl. Executing bash,
however, produces just what it would under Unix: nothing. It doesn't pop up a
console, it just returns immediately. I also tried exec'ing a DOS script (.bat
file) which starts bash, and running command.com, but both just hang.

All this was on Win95, running coolview, wish42 and entering tcl exec commands
into the console.

b.c.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".