Subject: bash, javac, and relative paths
From: [email-masked] (Michael Werts)

17 Jan 1998 12:00:25 -0800
Message-ID: <5030300016775618000002L082*.cygnus.gnu-win32@MHS>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: <[email-masked]>

I am trying to use the b18 version of bash with JDK 1.1.5.  When I invoke the
java compiler on a relative
path, i.e.

     javac sunw/demo/juggler/Juggler.java      (compiling class Juggler)

I get an error which says class Juggler must be in a file named "Juggler.java,"
which, of course, it is. The
compiler works fine if I am in the same directory.  It also works fine from the
NT shell.

I have just done the basic installation described in the faq.  gnu-win32 is
installed on the c: drive and the c:
drive is mounted as /.  I do not have any bash configuration files yet.  Has
anyone else run into this problem?
I know other people are use the gnu-win32 tools and ntemacs for java
development, so I assume I have
done something wrong.

I have one other related question.  In trying to get bash to work I was playing
the mount a little.  I managed to
change / to e: and then change it back to c:.  However, now I cannot seem to
get mount to do anything.  I do
a 'umount /' which returns, but c: is still /.  Then I try a 'mount e: /' which
fails because / is busy.  What am I
doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

-- Mike
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".