Subject: problem with batch files.
From: [email-masked] (Olivier Cuisenaire)

17 Jan 1998 05:44:41 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

When I try to this very simple file (named coco):

#!/bin/sh
#
ls
echo hello

I receive, after the result of the ls command, the following error:

coco: o: command not found

The problem being that it seems to delete the first three characters of the
last line leaving only "o hello". This diagnosis is confirmed by the fact
inserting any three characters at the beginning of this line will solve the
problem, while inserting one or two characters give the errors "ho: command
not found" and "cho: command not found" respectively.

This is very discturbing when using more complex batch files (I actually
would like to use the configure file to install lesstif)

Is this a known bug for which a patch exists ? (I'm currently using
sh-2.01, sergey's patch)

Thanks.

Olivier

-- Olivier Cuisenaire, Ph. D. student --

     " Whenever you find yourself on the side of the 
       majority, it is time to pause and reflect. "

                                   Mark Twain
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".