Subject: tty problems (again)
From: [email-masked] (Brian Craft)

16 Jan 1998 17:33:00 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

(I sent this previously, but it seems to have been lost).

I'm having trouble getting the coolview tty code to work. If
I run bash, ps returns -1 for the tty. Then I do "CYGWIN_TTY=1"
and "export CYGWIN_TTY". ps still returns -1 for the tty.

After the export, if I now use "less", keystrokes are not handled 
properly. There's no way to exit or use the program. If I run bash 
again, it exits immediately, like so:

/home/bcboy> bash
/home/bcboy> exit
/home/bcboy> 

(I didn't type "exit" on the 2nd line).

This is all with Win95.

Anyone know what's wrong? Is there anything else to set up besides
installing the coolview binaries and setting CYGWIN_TTY to 1? Do
there need to be /dev/tty files, or anything? mknod doesn't seem
to do anything (returns "not finished yet").

b.c.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".