Subject: select on pipes and stdin
From: [email-masked] (Bryan Chitty)

15 Jan 1998 03:46:52 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I'm porting some distributed software from Unix to NT and am having
problems with select on pipes.

The problem regards select removing the 1st char from my pipe, so for
example "hello" on stdin comes back to my application as "ello".

I've looked through the mail archve and found this question asked in July
1997, though am unable to find any answer to the question.

Can anyone shed any light on this subject - ie. is it a known bug, there's
a known patch, there's something i'm doing wrong...

BTW i'm using b18 on NT4.

I've included the mail message below...

Thanks for any help on the subject...

Bryan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bryan Chitty. Distributed Systems, Nortel plc, Harlow Laboratories, UK.
MailTo:[email-masked] ESN:742 2294 Tel:+44 (0)1279 402294/403930(fax)

This message may contain information proprietary to Nortel. Any unauthorised
disclosure, copying or distribution of its contents is strictly prohibited.

--- Forwarded Message ---

R\|diger Dehmel ([email-masked])
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 16:44:02 +0200 

       Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author ] 
       Next message: Kim Knuttila: "Re: Section attributes from ld" 
       Previous message: Bruce J. Moore: "Mount text=binary AND Mount
text!=binary broken" 

Hello,

I try select() read on a pipe or on stdin, but both fails.

After select() on stdin returns, I read from stdin, but the 1. char is
missing!

selct() on a pipe always returns ready!

I use version b18 on NT4.0.

Has anyone try this?

Thank you
----
R|diger Dehmel Luther & Maelzer GmbH
E-Mail: Sendto:[email-masked]

-

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".