Subject: Win32 and pseudo devices.
From: [email-masked] (Yves Autran)

14 Jan 1998 12:12:23 -0800
Message-ID: <3.0.1.32.19980113133944.006b15d8.cygnus.gnu-win32@[195.224.151.20]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Just a question that seems to not have an answer in FAQ.

I developped a unix program which is opening a TCP/socket and pseudo
devices In the purpose of offering a two ways communication track from an
application to a remote system through the IP network.

The utility reads from the socket and writes to the pseudo device and it
behaves in the same way in revers.

My question is : How can I simulate this situation under winNT. Could I
open a comXX port and a TCP socket. 

If it is the way to follow, how can I create a pseudo device on the NT box?

I'm an old GNU user and developper under sunOs and HpUx.
Yves

---------------------------------------------------------
Yves Autran                              Xyplex Networks
[email-masked]                 Tel +33 1 47 84 78 66
                                   Fax +33 1 47 84 78 67
---------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".