Subject: about pseudo-random numbers
From: [email-masked] (Valter EOR Santos)

14 Jan 1998 11:25:48 -0800
Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980113114251.1703C-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@pc66>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: GNU-Win32 Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Cc: GNU-Win32 Mailing List <[email-masked]>

  Hi!
  I am a newby in this mailing list...
  I am generate a program code that need random number generation...
  My question is if there is any way to make a limit in the random
generation. In the Turbo Borland C++ i have the unit random(int limit)
that produces numbers between 0 and limit. In the gnu, or other linux
compiler i only have the rand() or srand() units that produces numbers
between 0 and a pre-defined random_limit variable MAX_RAND (or something
like that). How i can generate code for resolving my problem???

_________________________
Valter Santos
<[email-masked]>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".