Subject: Signal SIGCHLD does not interrupt process blocked on read of pipe?
From: [email-masked] (Anthony Tuininga)

13 Jan 1998 15:39:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

I have a process which accepts requests from an Oracle database and
passes them off to a process via Oracle's "pipe" mechanism. This
process passes the information to another process which manages the
requests and processes them. What is happening is that the second
process spawns a process to handle the request and then goes back to
reading the pipe. The spawned process completes and becomes <defunct>
in the process listing but the SIGCHLD handler does not get triggered!
A subsequent call (which causes the read on the pipe to terminate)
causes the SIGCHLD handler to trigger and then does exactly the same
thing!! This is really frustrating. Does anyone have any idea as to
what is going on?

This is Windows NT 4.0 Workstation SP3 with cygwin32 beta 18 with the
coolview patches by Sergey (latest version which I got today).

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions,
Anthony Tuininga

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".