Subject: RE: Why text=binary mounts
From: [email-masked] (Guy Gascoigne - Piggford)

13 Jan 1998 14:18:42 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

At 10:45 AM 1/9/98 -0600, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>Here is one unrelated issue that I would be willing to spend some time on: 
> What is with all the K&R-style functions I see in the GNU C library?  Is 
>there a reason for them not to be ANSI?  I can't believe there are a 
>significant number of non-ANSI compilers still in use for development, 
>maybe I'm wrong...

Actually, this is an area where much of the UNIX world is lagging behind
PCs, K&R is definitely alive and kicking and living on UNIX.  ANSI is there
as well, but by no means dominant. (Now whether this is a side effect of
how much more longevity of code there has been on UNIX when compared with
the PC I don't know).

Guy

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".